A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s – Princess Diana
Though this Mother’s Day, Sunday, 9th May’2021 will be quite different and may look dull due to the pandemic COVID’19 lockdown…. We won’t be able to go out for lunches/ Dinners; Take kids to their favorite hang-outs viz. Malls; send bouquets /greeting cards to our mothers/ mother-in-laws who stay far; wouldn’t be able to freely visit their houses even if it’s few kilometers away & so on…. But let us not further get upset about this situation and rather do something to make it special for mommies who are either staying with you or if you celebrating with her from a distance.
Here are some ideas which you can do during the day to make your day even more special!
- Design your own ‘WORLD’S BEST MOM CERTIFICATE’
2. SCAVENGER HUNT:
Ask your mom to keep all her favorite things available at home in a basket viz. A book, any make up accessories; handbag; recipe book ; scarf; sandals & so on. So, what kids have to do is hide them in different places at home. Then, set a timer and let your Mom find them. You can also give her clue’s to make the game more interesting.
3. MOM BIOGRAPHY: KNOW MORE ABOUT HER
Take a sheet and gather all information about your loving mom to make a compelling Biography about her. This activity will help a child to know and understand their mothers better!
- My mom was born in year… , date…..& time….
- My mom’s favorite movie is…
- My mom’s favorite color is….
- My mom’s enjoys eating?
- My mom likes to wear?
- My mom went to …….. school
- My mom’s college’s name is….
- My mom’s best friends name are….
- My mom’s hobby includes….
- Her best memory with you?
- Her school teachers name…
- Her grandparents name
- & so on….
4. MAKE A FINGER PRINT HEART CARD
5. BAKE A CAKE
Help kids to bake cake in their style!
View the recipe here- https://wp.me/pb5DSl-2g
6. CREATE A BOOKMARK
How to make? click here- https://kiddiekonnections.com/2019/09/28/corner-bookmarks-rock-encourages-kids-to-read/
7. TOGETHER WATCH YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE AT HOME
8. WORD SEARCH
This is an interesting game, let your mom solve this word search.
9. WRITE A POETRY & DEDICATE IT TO HER
I came across this sweet lines dedicated to mothers…
10. Guess the popular ‘MOTHER-CHILD PERSONALITIES’
It can be names from actors to actresses to politicians to sports personalities. The winner will be the one who will list down maximum mother-child personalities…..Likewise- Neetu Singh- Ranbir Kapoor, Jaya Bachchan- Abhishek Bachchan ; Tanuja-Kajol, Hema Malini-Esha Doel, Babita-Kareena Kapoor, Sonia Gandhi-Rahul Gandhi, Saif Ali Khan- Taimur Ali Khan & so on…Time limit can be kept as one minute.
11. A HAND-PRINT BOUQUET
12. Create your own MINI GARDEN
How to make this cute little mini garden for your mommy. Here is the step by step process-
1. Prepare the soil 1:1:1 with garden soil, vermi compost and cocopeat 2. Decide on the container and a basic layout, even if it changes 3. Choose your plants carefully, dig in a hole and plant them 4. Add decorations 5. Create a story 6. Encourage the little ones to tell you a story!
For more ideas, click here (Dream Doodlers)- https://www.facebook.com/dreamdoodlers/
13. CREATE A COLLAGE – Best memories till present times
One can create a beautiful collage of photographs on their phones. Pick & Select the ones you cherish the most. I am sure the count will be many. Mom’s will be really delighted to see those memories.
14. I LOVE YOU BECAUSE
Create a beautiful flower out of paper/foam sheet and write the reasons for your in-depth love towards your Mom.
15. MUSIC & DANCE
Play your favorite songs and rock together.
Cheers to all MOMMIES !!!
A Happy Mother’s Day to all!!!!😍💖💕