Healthy Tips….Do’s & Dont’s
‘Quarantining’ ourselves at home is playing a significant role in preventing the spread of the virus….( thanks to all the families) but as sitting home is disrupting our normal routine and making it look tough, in this state we have to be very strong both mentally & physically.
At the same time, it’s vital to keep kids happy, active and energetic at home during self-quarantine. It is thus imperative to ensure that kids’ nutrition is well balanced these days.
I am happy to share a yummy drink for kids’ which they can themselves prepare at home. Thanks to Ritu Agarwal, a Nutritionist based in Mumbai for sharing this recipe with us.
-Chocos/ muesli: 1 fistful
-Milk- 250 ml
1.Take a handful of the above mentioned breakfast cereal of your choice.
2. Peel a banana & chop it.
3. Add all the ingredients in a mixer and grind for 2-3 minutes until it makes a drinkable consistency milkshake.
A Healthy & Yummy ‘Chocos Milkshake’ is ready!
She also shares a few Do’s and Dont’s (Healthy Tips) for kids:
Do’s & Dont’s
* Start the day with a healthy breakfast.
* Let kids help plan and prepare 1 meal each week.
* Eat together as a family as often as possible.
* Choose healthier snacks like popcorn/peanuts/ wheat crackers/cucumber sticks/makhana.
* Make healthy desserts like fruit custard or fruits drizzled with chocolate sauce.
* Drink plenty of fluids. Like lime water, buttermilk, jaljeera, milkshakes
* Avoid fried and processed foods.
* Do some family physical activity together like dancing, skipping, stretches.
One can connect her on – email@example.com
Stay Fit. Stay Healthy.